- One Borough Newsletter
- Citizens Alliance Network
- Open consultations
- Be First
1. Are these proposals a done deal?
No, we want to make sure the proposals are
operationally viable and every employee in Childrens Care and Support has an
opportunity to contribute further to the thinking and shape the new structures.
2. Why is the consultation being run in 2 phases?
Phase 1 covers all management posts, including
Consultant Social Workers. Phase 2 covers all other posts. We
will use feedback from phase 1 to further shape thinking on phase 2 structures.
3. What is happening with the recruitment and retention scheme?
We have commissioned a 3rd party to carry out a review and benchmarking exercise on social workers pay, including the recruitment and retention payments, comparing LBBD and other Local Authorities. The results of this will be included in the in phase 2 of our consultation. Our objectives are to offer a fair and competitive package that recognises the commitment and hard work of our permanent social workers and managers.
4. Will I have to apply for my job?
See the restructure and redundancy procedure, under “assimilation process”. Liaise with HR business partner Jackie Cleary for further information.
5. Will I be able to apply for voluntary redundancy?
See the restructure and redundancy procedure, under “redundancy process”. Liaise with HR business partner Jackie Cleary for further information.
6. Where can I get some support with my interview skills?
Liaise with HR business partner Jackie Cleary for further information on what support is available